After completion of this course, participants will:
- Know the background and risks related to prohibited activities including the background and context of the prohibited activities and what's at stake if you are non-compliant;
- Understand and identify the prohibited activities in varied contexts;
- Equip your program to be able to prevent and monitor for prohibited activities including different tools and methods; and
- Practice identifying prohibited activities in real-life scenarios and documents.
Resources You Can Use
Staff members will receive the following resources as part of taking the course.
- Downloadable document showing the Prohibited Activities listed from § 2520.65.
- Monitoring strategies including a sample monitoring plan for your program to adapt and utilize for monitoring your program.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course should be taken by any staff responsible for managing an AmeriCorps program or others involved with your program that are responsible for ensuring compliance with the prohibited activities.
Demonstrate Due Diligence
In addition, each participant also receives a certificate of completion once they’ve successfully finished the course. This can be a great document to demonstrate how your program is doing its due diligence and training staff to ensure compliance with the prohibited activities.